Wednesday

It's nap time.  Only my 2 1/2 YEAR old won't sleep.  We normally turn off the tv, wrap up in a blanket, pray and sing songs before she falls asleep.  Today, she has done everything possible to stay awake.  After an hour in the living room I told her that it was time to go to her bedroom.  For the afternoon.  I have never seen a child fight sleep with as much determination as she does. 

In other news, I have finally managed to vacuum the living room.  I think it's the first time since before Christmas, but really, who is keeping track?  The rest of the house might get done today.  Or maybe not.  Christmas decorations are partially put away.  Kind of.  They are all thrown together in a big box on the kitchen counter and every time I find something else I add it to the box.  Someday they might get put away the right way in their intended boxes.

The big red truck is heading north.  That's always a good thing since it means that Daddy will soon be home.

The big red dog is trying to sleep in the hallway and there is no doubt in my head that he is wondering what the girl in the bedroom is yelling about.  (BTW - she is currently yelling "Mommmmeeeee!  I'm done in my bed!")

We are supposed to be getting together with friends for a play date tonight.  It all depends on that nap for the girl who is 'done in her bed' isn't taking.  Ugh.  I really was looking forward to catching up with a friend for a few hours while our kids play.

On the good side, the 2 1/2 MONTH old is asleep and I'm going to find something to do that requires TWO hands!

Comments

Popular Posts