Batteries

We received a ton of batteries for Christmas.  Double A's, C's, D's...we have them in abundance.  It all started with family members asking what we needed for our youngest daughter.  "D batteries" I told them, knowing that was the correct size for her bouncy seat.  Either they took us serious, or they really decided to have fun with us - we received D batteries from both sets of grandparents and from my sister in law.  My parents just took it a little farther than the others - they bought the Sams Club 'holy cow thatsa' lot of batteries' package in all three sizes.

What I'm getting at is the fact that WE HAVE BATTERIES!

On Tuesday I realized that the garage door opener issue that I vaguely remember my husband complaining about mentioning on Monday was the result of a dead battery.  And wouldn't you know it, out of the 129(ish) new batteries in this house, not one of them was a size A23.

But Rite Aid had an awesome deal on them - by purchasing the double package you could purchase the batteries for $4.00 each instead of the usual $6.00 each. 

We now have one extra A23 battery hanging around.  Ugh.

Upon returning home I set out on a mission to replace batteries in everything in our house that could possibly need a new battery.  I made it as far as the book light that my oldest daughter likes to have in the car with her and quickly realized that it uses triple A batteries.  Who would have guessed?

A moment of intelligence hit me while in Walmart today and I remembered to pick up a package.  Add 8 new triple A's to the line up.

Naturally, I'm feeling pretty confident at this point that we have every battery we could possibly ever need.

Yeah right.  I quickly discovered that the battery in my Weight Watchers Points Plus calculator that I hoped to use tonight was dead.

Double ugh...

Anybody have a spare 3-volt lithium battery, type CR2025 just laying around?  I'd be willing to give you a A23 or two SR123A or even just a plain old 9 volt in exchange for it!

Comments

Popular Posts