Change

Something about my life is going to change.

I don't know what.  I don't know when.  I don't even know for sure that something is going to change...but in the weeks leading up to Christmas I realized that God was working on my heart and preparing me for... something. 

In the shower one morning just a few days before Christmas I spent some time talking with Jesus.  I poured out my heart to Him, asking that He would lead us/me in the days to come.  It struck me at that time that 'it' (the change that I feel) could be anything.  My health, my family, the health or even life of my children, a job change, a life change.  Anything.  Yet rather than fear I felt an overwhelming feeling of peace that God is in control.

As the days have gone on I have seen that God is working.  My husband and I are living in total peace - something that has not happened a lot in nearly seven years of marriage.  Financially we are in a position of relying completely on God's provision - and for once BOTH of us are trusting that He will provide.  I am enjoying my children in a way that I never have before and I'm finding that rather than needing time away from them I just want more and more time with them.  I'm learning that I create a lot of stress for myself and that certain stressors just aren't necessary for our lives!  But perhaps the biggest thing is that I'm letting go of things that I have held onto for so long.  Things like small scale hoarding and feeling that I always need to be in control, as well as believing that it's way more up to me to provide financially than it really it is.  God is revealing things to me that I have never seen before.  It's...AMAZING!  Ideas that would have seemed absurd just a few months ago pop into my head on a regular basis and I keep giving them to God.  "Lead us" is my constant prayer.  As day after day things happen to cause me to wonder where God is taking us I'm getting a little excited. 

The God who opens His hand and satisfies the desires of every living thing is working in our lives!  If that is the 'only' change that happens in our lives our lives will never be the same!

Comments

Popular Posts