The Highlights


Cloth diapering has been working for us.  I'm only doing it for Smiley Girl since we don't have large 'stash' and Miss E is only using about four diapers a day.  The biggest hurdle so far has been figuring out the right combination for a night time diaper.  So far a Bum Genius with the double liner has been the best for night time but even that hasn't worked all of the time.  Any ideas?  I'm ending up washing the bottom sheet one morning out of three.

Potty Training has been...well, it's been.  I am not of the mindset to push Miss E to do it but I also want to encourage her to use the big potty if she is ready.  I put her on the toilet whenever I think of it - the other day she spent a long time looking at the Lands End catalog while she sat there - but some days it's a kicking and screaming fight and I'm just not into making it a fight.  Yesterday my mom and I were in stores in two different towns and we both ended up buying cloth trainers and plastic covers.  Miss E seemed a little interested when I showed her the pants and told her that after I washed them she could wear the big girl pants.

The different town that I referred to is the bigger big town an hour and a half away from home.  Realizing that we had nothing pressing to do yesterday and that it was a horrible day to drive because of the weather we packed up and headed out for the day.  The roads were...not good.  In fact, we had one of two towns on our radar when we left and we ended up going to the first one rather than the second because of the weather.  While we were eating dinner a friend sent me a text telling us about a 10 car accident on the freeway the next exit south of us.  In retrospect, it wasn't a good day to be traveling but today I feel refreshed from the time away with my family.  TDM found what he needed, we bought a ton of fresh fruit, and enjoyed dinner and deep fried Twinkies at one of our favorite restaurants.  It was a nice day away.

Seven pounds down is what the scale tells me.  Not where I want to be...but a big improvement!  I have been following the Weight Watchers Points Plus program for a few weeks and seeing results.  I had started WW last year around this time and then had to stop when I found out that Smiley Girl was on her way.  Since I had all of the tools already, I was prepared to start the day that I woke up and thought 'there's no time like the present.'  Anytime I'm feeling discouraged I pull out my favorite spring coat that I splurged on two years ago and then was only able to wear for one season.  I want to wear it this year - that gives me some good incentive on the off days. 

I have gotten sucked into the MckMama drama this week.  I started reading her in 2009 when I was pregnant with Miss E and I really liked her for a while.  In recent years I have not read her as much and when I have I haven't enjoyed her style as much.  Once in a while I pop in to catch up and did so this week - what I read was crazy!  As I have sat here reading both her blog and the 'other' blog I have been torn between not being able to take my eyes off of it (like a bad accident) and an overwhelming need to pray that for this woman.  How thankful I am that Jesus cares about everyone - and hears my prayer for a woman that I have never met and am still concerned for. 

Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so i can see
Everything that i keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the broken hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach?
(Brandon Heath - Give Me Your Eyes)


Flashlight Distance is a term that I read in a letter earlier this week from a Christian camping ministry that is struggling to hang on.  Just a few months ago they were on the brink of closing the camp and today they are able to plan for a camping season this year.  Their letter encouraged me on so many fronts, mainly though because God isn't finished with them yet - and He's not finished with me yet!

Candlelight Distance is about what it feels like TDM and I are operating on.  We have no idea where God is taking us and are trusting Him for direction and guidance.  Our finances are in the tank.  Our businesses are changing whether we want them to or not.  As we daily seek God's will for us in the coming months I am continually asking God to lead us and to give TDM the confidence in himself to do what is best for our family.  And I'm asking God to keep my mouth shut and out of this as He leads my husband on this journey.  Too often in the past I have opted to fix everything myself without seeking God or my husband's input.  My 'do less, trust more' motto is really being put to the test right now!



Comments

Popular Posts