The highlights

  • Not long after I wrote my last post the TDM called to talk.  He had a million and one thoughts rolling around in his head and wanted to share them with me.  As we talked it became clear that we finally (for now!) have a direction for our family in the next months.  I have continually been asking God to lead my husband through this journey of what to do with his business.  God is so faithful!
  • I don't really like change, unless I want to change.  (I think I've talked about that before. ha ha)  The best part of our new 'direction' is that it really isn't a really big change!  In a nutshell, we will continue doing a lot of what we have been doing since the first of the year.  I will be a mostly at home mom, helping my mom with our business when needed and when the girls can stay with daddy.  TDM will continue trucking a few times a month and work for local farmers to fill in the gaps of our income.  You've heard the term 'make hay while the sun shines'?  Well, come summer time we will be doing that - TDM from the steering wheel of the Big Red Truck or a tractor and me from a computer screen and dusty index books a few days a week.  Our babysitter is on track with our plans and I'm happy to finally know a little bit of a plan!
  • I made a great casserole for last nights dinner - chicken, fresh broccoli, half a box of Stovetop stuffing and a can of cream of mushroom soup.  Mix them all together and bake.  (Top with cheese if you are allowed to top things at your house with cheese.)  Yum!
  • We're making progress with potty training!  Conversation hearts proved to be the trick.  I'm so proud of Miss E!
  • I am kicking TDM and Miss E out for a few hours tonight while the moms from our MOPS group hang out tonight.  The plan is to swap purses and accessories but I get the feeling there will be a lot more eating and talking going on.  Smiley Girl would get kicked out as well but she's a little persnickety lately about being away from me.
  • The big red dog got to visit the groomer on Monday.  He's clean and soft and smells good again and I actually like him!  (For a few days anyway!)
  •  
     

Comments

Popular Posts