Thanks for whining

I hate whining.  And today has been a doozy of a day when it comes to whining.  I'm not really sure though that today has been any worse than any other day lately, just that I'm a little more stressed out than I sometimes am.  So after getting TDM out the door an hour ago I jumped on the computer to basically check out for a while.  I'm just feeling done with today and selfishly feeling like I should have some time to myself.

As I'm surfing the newsfeed I find a cousin who sarcastically posted that she wished she had just a few more kids because she didn't feel good and the kids were getting on her nerves.  There were a variety of responses to her post but one of them nailed me right in the heart - where this cousin was telling someone else that she knew first hand how badly the other person wanted a baby.

I've been there.

I have cried myself sick asking God for a baby and felt the hopelessness of empty arms.  I have pleaded with God to give me some kind of life in this house that felt so quiet and lonely.  And in just that few minutes, I was humbled.  God is faithful - he answered my prayer for children!  He has blessed me with two and I adore them.  But they whine!

Rather than nursing some self pity tonight because I'm feeling stressed and my children aren't cooperating I'm going to hold them a little closer, give them a little more attention and thank God once again for these children I prayed for.

Comments

Popular Posts