Busy

Busy season is different for everyone but for our family busy season is when I am working full time and TDM is driving the truck and trying to help his brother with hay and random company shows up to enjoy summer's biggest holiday in the north country.  Birthdays occur about every four days, communication falters and dinner comes most often from a drive-thru window.  We pass like ships in the night, relaying important information but skipping the details.  Some people call it July. 

I have another name for it.  Ahem...

I dread it every year.  The problem that I am running into is that busy season seems to be coming early this year.  It feels a little like July at our house and it's really only April.  TDM has been on the road for most of the month and I am finding that I really miss him.  Miss E misses him.  A lot.  Smiley Girl... well she just smiles at him whenever he is around.  What really stinks is that even when he is home, he isn't really 'home' because there are all of these things going on.  Good things, but things that keep us away from eachother.  The big red truck needs maintenance in one form or another nearly every time it comes home, TDM has things that he would like to do and every one else has something for him to do too!  And I'm always anxious for him to be home so that I can go to the bathroom by myself or sit down without someone chattering to me or needing something from me for five whole minutes

So, this morning I find myself stuck as to what I should be feeling about all of his busy-ness.  I miss my husband and my daughters need their daddy, but we also need an income and doors are definitely opening as far as the trucking industry goes.  Customers are actually calling us wanting their loads hauled instead of the other way around!  I don't want to be resentful that TDM is always gone, because I honestly believe that this is the answer that we have been praying for with regard to the truck.  I don't want to be nagging constantly because that gets us no where BUT I do miss him and I feel like we are doing July early.  And I really don't want to do the real July because I don't want to feel like this twice this year!

I suppose the thing to keep in perspective is that, just like July, this season of busy is just a season.  It won't go on forever.  Though, in doing that, I also have to put into perspective that our children won't always be in the season that they are in.  So some things in life are going to have to pass me by right now.  While TDM is out being busy - working and volunteering and occasionally fishing - my life involves the mundane things at home and play dates with friends that involve continually interrupted conversations and a whole heap of refereeing.  And in the midst of all of this busy the TDM and I need to keep things in perspective.  And we need to share a few details.  Because I really miss him!

Comments

Popular Posts