We shall eat pie

It's funny that as a kid you are oblivious to all of the extra work that just one little holiday creates.  Now that I'm the one in charge of making the merriment for my kids...well, let's just say that I would rather be a kid again!

The highlights of today ~

  • We attended the Community Easter Egg hunt where we met up with Miss E's friend to find eggs, get candy, enjoy a hot dog and meet the Easter Bunny.  Miss E has announced multiple times this afternoon that the 'guy was scary'.  When asked to clarify what guy she replied 'the bunny.'  Sounds like a success, huh?
  • I made a lemon meringue pie for my dear SIL who has been requesting one since Thanksgiving.  In November she was told by our MIL "no one eats lemon meringue pie for Thanksgiving!"  Talk about long suffering!
  • I started making the pie when I did today because Smiley Girl was sleeping - that lasted until I reached the point in the recipe where it says to 'stir continuously'.  Smiley Girl wasn't smiley by the time I could finally get to her.  She's happy now though, so being abandoned in favor of pie couldn't have been too traumatic for her.
  • Apparently someone loaded dishes in the dishwasher last night without rinsing all of the dish soap out of a dish.  Apparently there was a substantial amount of dish soap in the dish.  (Side note:  If you ever need to make a large quantity of bubbles just add regular dish detergent to your dishwasher.  The bubbles will magically appear all over the floor of your kitchen and the inside of the dishwasher.  It's like magic!
  • Smiley girl received an offer in the mail today to finance a car at 2.49% for six years.  I think she should go for the Aston Martin sports car but I'm going to leave it up to her.  After all, she's the one who will be in debt until she's SIX.   
Tomorrow brings a breakfast at our church followed by church, hopefully a nap, dinner with TDM's family and then an easter egg hunt with the cousins.  Long day.  Filled with sugar.  And no routine to fall back on.  With lots of chaos thrown in.

I'm going to smile.  And eat pie.

Comments

  1. oh man! The sugar! Our boys have so much this weekend, and it isn't over yet! And no routine...yikes! Well, Monday morning will hit hard here, back to school for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking smiley girl should opt for a new Kenworth.... Just sayin..... And maybe use it to deliver a pie to her uncle Pedro.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Popular Posts