WAR

I am hosting a jewelry party in my home tonight. 

My home that has a kitchen halfway painted. 

My home that is filled with books and toys and painting clutter of all sorts.

My tiny home that has limited space for people and even less space for displaying jewelry.

My home where the people in it wear very little jewelry.

Why? you ask?

Because this is my part of the WAR against human trafficking.

Earlier this year I read the book 'Weird' by Craig Groeschel and in it he describes 'weird burdens' - the thing that God call YOU to.  It's the thing that makes you lose sleep about, the thing that turns your stomach just thinking about, the thing that over and over again you wonder how you can be a part of changing it.

One of my weird burdens is this jewelry party.  The items are handmade by women (and men) overseas who are or have been in at risk situations for trafficking.  Many of the women who create these beautiful pieces have literally been picked up out of the gutters and rescued from a life of sexual slavery.  Women At Risk, International partners with these women to create jobs and opportunities that allow the women to support themselves so that they can live lives of dignity rather than shame.

Human trafficking and sexual slavery are HUGE problems in our world and hosting a home party is only a small part of the solution.  But it's the part that I can do.

Want more information?  If you know me in real life and live nearby, come over tonight!  Otherwise you can click your way over to www.warinternational.org and find out how YOU can be part of the solution.

Comments

Popular Posts