$640 Million

So...yesterday TDM and I were texting back and forth about the lottery.  Neither one of us play, believing that gambling is a waste of money more than anything but I expressed to him that I had considered for just a minute buying a ticket.  After all, you can't win unless you play, right?

It's not that we need that kind of money.  Because I believe with my entire being that we have everything we need and what we don't have God will provide.  My thoughts were more about the fact that $640 Million dollars could do a lot for God's kingdom.  Or rather, $640 Million dollars could do a lot for ministries and missionaries who are spreading the news of Jesus.

And TDM confessed that he had experienced similar thinking about it.  But we both agreed that we weren't going to gamble and that we really didn't need to do something that we don't believe in doing just because we could do something good with the money. 

As the day went on I found myself thinking over our conversation and all of the aspects of what we had been talking about and I knew to the deepest fiber of my being that it would have been a sin for us to buy a ticket.  And no, I'm not preaching that you are horrible and sinful if you did buy a ticket.  I'm only saying that it would have been wrong for us to buy one.

Anyway, I found it interesting that after the conversation and my reflection on the matter that I found myself reading about Abraham and Lot last night.  Genesis 14:22-23 in particular which says "I have raised my hand to the Lord, God Most High, Creator of heaven and earth, and have taken an oath that I will accept nothing belonging to you, not even a thread of the thong of a sandal, so that you will never be able to say 'I made Abram rich.'"

Wow!  The end here would not have justified the means and God certainly doesn't need me to sin in order to help him further His Kingdom.  Ever.

Comments

Popular Posts