Selfishness and Mondays always get me down

This might come as a shock to some of you.  Or not.

I'm selfish. 

And I want things my way.

Day after day I feel like God is putting a mirror in front of my face and showing me areas where I am the problem.  I mean, I'm not always the problem.  Sometimes my husband is the problem, like when he woke Smiley girl up literally five minutes after I put her down for a nap.  In retrospect, he didn't know that she was in the crib and he didn't intend to wake her up.  But he did.  And it made me mad.

He also didn't mean to ruin my Monday.  And honestly, he doesn't even know that he did!  But I was mad at him anyway.  You see, I never bothered to think about what his plans were for the day and I never bothered to share what was on my mind.  I just went ahead planning things my way and then found myself rationalizing why HE was the one at fault when things didn't work out.  Crazy, huh?

But back to me being the problem...I struggle constantly to balance my wants, my desires, my ambitions with what God desires.  I want to do his will, but sometimes that interferes with my will, you know?  And it all comes down to selfishness and pride.

I'm thankful for forgiveness and that every day is a new opportunity to put my priorities aside in favor of God's.  It just works a lot better that way!


Comments

Popular Posts