I know how I can stray
And how fast my heart could change
Empty me
Of the selfishness inside
Every vain ambition
And the poison of my pride
And any foolish thing my heart holds to
Lord empty me of me
So I can be
Filled with you
~
(from Empty Me by Chris Sligh)

God speaks to me often through music.  I'm not musical in any way shape or form, but words get stuck in my head and slowly they speak to my heart.  Earlier today I realized that pride has been dragging me down.  Too much of me getting in the way of me.  Too much me getting in the way of God.

It's no wonder that I have been falling down a lot the last few days.

Well, not actually physically falling down. But it has felt like it at times.

Things have just been too hard. And by things I mean life. I just can't keep up with everything and think about everything and do everything and take care of everything. I just can't.

Thankfully I don't have to.

I just wish that I could remember that all of the time!

Comments

Popular Posts