These are a few of my favorite things

These are a few of my favorite things
Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver-white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things...
Not really.  I do love girls in white dresses, but don't care much for blue.  Unless it's navy but I suppose that's too many syllables to make the song work.  Snowflakes on your nose and eyelashes?  Who thought that up?  Certainly not a girl that would rather cuddle under a blanket.  Silver-white winters that melt into springs?  I guess I'll give them that one because of the melting part.
Anyway, I always enjoys bloggers that share their personal favorite things and in the past I have shared a few posts but like all things blog related they fell by the wayside.  
Without further ado...here is my list for January:
I bought this for Miss E when she was quite little on the recommendation of multiple friends.  It was quickly evident why they loved this book so much.  The stories are written so simply, yet so profound.  We have fallen in love with this book!
The publisher has also released The Story of God's Love For You, which is the same story in a different, more grown up format.  If you have preteens, young adults or you just love a good 'story' yourself you can pick up a copy here.
I have always been a 'before I fall asleep at night' reader but having a light beside our bed hasn't always been practical or do-able.  Somewhere along the way I discovered book lights and they have given me night upon night of reading freedom.  Bonus:  I can irritate TDM by shining it in his eyes.  
The kids love talking to family members using this app.  Skype has never worked well for me and while I hear about Facetime, I'm an android girl so that isn't an option.  I was introduced to Duo (for android or iphone) earlier this winter and the girls have had countless (dizzy-ing) conversations with Uncle Pedro and Aunt GG along with a few cousins.  

That's it for this month.  With any luck I will remember to come back again next month to share a few more of my favorite things.  Or I might forget.  You just never know.  Anyway, the details:  I receive no compensation any of these items.  They are just things that I have found to make my life easier and that I want to share with you.  If you feel compelled to compensate me though...feel free!  :) 

Comments

Popular Posts