Happy

This morning as he was leaving TDM picked his lunchbag up and said "Oh, the new one huh?"

I replied, "Yep.  I give it a week."

"Way to be a pessimist." came his response.

I followed him to the door and not wanting to have the last word on the issue I shouted "I prefer the word 'Realist'!"

It brought a smile to both of our faces, we said our goodbyes and he went on his way.  Off to the job that he enjoys.  Off to the job that provides for our family's needs.  Off to the job that buys him those new lunchbags...

And somehow, in that moment, I realized that about life and about today, I can choose pessimism or I can choose gratitude.

Yep - I can literally choose to be unhappy.

Circumstances, people, things or choices may make it easy to be unhappy.


{Broken lunchbag zippers are currently making me a little unhappy.}

Sometimes the days are just blah, from either weather or where life is taking you.  Sometimes unhappy is just easier and makes more sense.

But have you ever really thought of it as choosing to be un happy!?  I don't know that I have. 

Today I am making a different choice.  I am choosing gratitude in the face of the broken lunchbag graveyard. 

I am choosing thankfulness that my children are still sleeping after an awesomely fun time at the fair.  I am choosing happy.


Comments

Popular Posts