Cherry Pie-Filling Cake


This is a recipe that I haven't tried before but since I had some leftover pie filling in the freezer and a cake mix in the cupboard I figured it was worth a shot.  TDM likes this kind of stuff so I knew it would probably be a win.  And judging from the looks of the pan it was a success.

And so easy to make!

Cake: 
  • 1 cake mix (I used a yellow Duncan Hines because it is dairy free)
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 cups of cherry pie filling (or whatever you have!) 
Glaze:
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons milk (I used water to keep it dairy free)
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix together cake mix, oil, eggs and water.  Pour batter into greased 9 x 13 pan.  Stir pie filling into cake mix.

Bake 30-35 minutes.

Pour glaze over the top.

And just a note to my future self:  freezing pie filling works well but definitely changed the texture to watery rather than gel-like.          

Comments

Popular Posts