Hi, I'm {your name here} and I like warm hugs!

Yesterday I grabbed a couple of pieces of candy, turned around to throw the wrapper in the garbage and saw a little girl with her arms crossed across her body as if to hide from the world.  This little girl is precious to me, even though she isn't one of mine. 

I asked if she was okay, offered her some chocolate, crouched down and gave her a hug.  She wasn't going to talk to me so I started to pull away, only to realize that her little hand had grabbed a hold of my shirt and wasn't going to let go.  I scooped her into my arms and held her, I reminded her that she is loved and I prayed for her.

And then the moment was over.  She left with her family and I went on with my day.

But that stuck with me the remainder of the day and most of the night.  I woke up thinking about hugs and the importance of them.   

Because seriously, who doesn't need a warm hug? 

Whether you are the little girl whose world is so much more than a child is equipped to handle,

the one who struggles to do the right thing,

the one that just hurts today, without really knowing why,

the single woman tired of doing life alone,

the newlywed wondering what in the world you signed yourself up for,

the new mom overwhelmed by a tiny new bundle of joy and sleep deprivation,

the mom of many who struggles to find a reason to get dressed each day,

the woman in a marriage where every word is a stone that draws blood,

the one that suffers a loss so deep that you don't know how you will ever recover,

the one whose body is waging a war within itself due to illness,

the person struggling with their job,

the one whose world has been rocked,

the child responsible for a parent,

the family grieving their child,

the person that has bears the wounds of bad choices,

the one who shakes their fist at God,

the one whose heart is frozen,

or,

the one who, like Olaf from Frozen, has a sunny disposition even though too much sun and warmth could kill him,

we could all use a little love!

The world is harsh enough without us being harsh to each other.

Be kind.

Give warm hugs.

Listen.

Pray for them.

You don't have to give your stamp of approval, offer a fix, find a cure or get involved.

Just love each other.

"And now these three remain faith, hope and love...but the greatest of these is Love!  {1Cor 13:13}

Comments

Popular Posts