Something beautiful

Earlier this fall, as I dressed to head to MOPS one morning, I was trying to decide what jewelry to wear.  When I had finally landed on something  I couldn't help but think that they were appropriate choices to wear to a MOPS meeting.

The bracelet was given to me by a friend after we had successfully completed our first year of leading a night time MOPS group together.  She had caught the vision that God had given us and together we had stepped out of the box to accomplish what He was leading us to do.

The necklace was thank you gift from another MOPS friend who wanted to express her appreciation for me being with her during a really tough time earlier this summer.  I was blown away by her expression of gratitude since I was just in the right place at the right time to be used by God - however, it touched my friend and she wanted me to know.

Anyway,  later the same day while dining at McDonalds with friend #2 Miss E needed to use the restroom.  While there I somehow managed to catch my bracelet on my belt and the charms from the bracelet went all over the bathroom stall.

Feeling more than a little bummed we scrambled to get as many of the parts as we could I stuffed them in my pocket until I could get them home.  Once home, I put them all into a ziploc bag determined to one day buy the cording to restring them with.  And there it still sits on my dresser.

I wore the necklace when we went out west in September.  I wore it going there, I wore it while we were there and I wore it coming home.  And once we were home we stopped by my parents house for a bit and my mom commented on the charm and asked if the necklace was new.  

Imagine my surprise when we finally arrived at our house that night (about 20 minutes after the conversation with my mom) and I realized that the charm for the necklace had disappeared.

After looking all over our house and my moms, the car and the porches at both houses I finally gave up looking and resigned myself to the fact that, once again, a gift from a friend was ruined.

Early this morning I was laying in bed thinking about the necklace for some reason and decided that I needed to tell my friend that I had lost the charm so that she didn't think I didn't like the gift when bazinga! it hit me - why not see if one of the charms from the bracelet would work on the necklace!

It worked ~ and it fit!  And I have a newly improved necklace!

The beauty of this isn't lost on me.  Friends hold us together, pick us up when we are down, encourage us and sometimes, when we need them to, they help us take what is left and make something beautiful from it. 

I am so blessed by these women I call friends.

Comments

Popular Posts