Gratitude, Part 1

Nine thing that I am thankful for ~ in no particular order even though my CDO wants to rearrange them:

The internet - which provides continual information and often serves as a tool for clarification.  Most recently I was struggling with a particular Bible verse and wondering how it fit with all of the truths that I know.  An online search helped me to understand the whole passage rather than just the verse that I was hung up on.

Our young friend Jethro - who asked my husband to grow a mustache with him for 'Mo-vember'.  I don't know if TDM is going to participate but it made me smile.  And for the record, his real name is not Jethro.  He is a good guy, I'm pretty sure that Miss E has a crush on him and our entire family has enjoyed getting to know him over the last year.

Food in our freezer - only God had knowledge of what this fall and winter would bring for us financially and I am thankful His provision. 

Creativity - this God given talent has served me in so many ways and in turn has allowed me to serve others. 

Uncle Pedro and Aunt GG - who will be living a few short hours from us before this month is over.  They have been blessed with things falling into place and safety during their move from the West.  I am so thankful for both of them and even more thankful that my girls will get to live closer to them.  The West was really, really far away!

My little family- they give my life purpose.  TDM who makes me smile, infuriates me and is my soft place to fall.  Miss E who turned our lives upside down and continues to make it interesting.  Smiley Girl, our imitator, entertainer and snuggler. 

Modern medicine - which was able to intervene to make my body work the way it should.  Without it I would not have Miss E and Smiley Girl.

My bigger family - the whole bunch of them!  My parents and TDM's, aunts, uncles, cousins, nephews and one gorgeous niece.  Each one is so unique and precious.  I am blessed.

Quiet time - which keeps me sane in this insane life I live.  In a world of too much busy, too much stuff and too much noise I am thankful for minutes of nothing when I can take a minute to relax.  It works so much better than yelling 'Serenity now!!!' like the character on Seinfeld tried.






Comments

Popular Posts