Amazed in the midst of crazy

Some days I wonder why this little space continues to exist.  What could I possibly have to say that hasn't already been said a million and one ways?  And then there are nights - like tonight when my heart is overflowing and I just feel like there are words needing a place to go.  Truthfully, that night was last night but tired overcame words and sleep overcame me.  Still the words nag and finally - with a quiet house and happy kids - they can escape.

I am overwhelmed. 

By life.

By people.

By circumstances.

By events.

By goodness.

By love.

By God.

Simply overwhelmed.

And I don't think it is a bad overwhelmed, maybe more of an amazed in the midst of crazy overwhelmed?

And while there have been so many conversations in recent days I am not free to share the nitty gritty.  I don't need to.  God knows.  God orchestrates people, circumstances, events.  Running into people isn't by chance.  Remembering a cell phone number that is tucked away 'just in case' doesn't happen by chance.  Knowing someone who knows someone who knows another person...that isn't just the cause and effect of small town living.  God does that.

And I stand in awe of the way that God orchestrates the details of our lives. 

So much has happened since Monday morning, every day has felt like a week of it's own...but God has done some cool stuff throughout each one of them.  From opening a door that had been firmly closed to simply scoring a new shirt for $1.99...He is intimately involved in each moment of our lives.

And sometimes we see it so clearly,

So incredibly,

So tangibly,

that it's overwhelming.

And that's where I am.

God is so good.

And I think that if I never shared another word here, if I never typed again or published another post just these would be enough. 

Jesus is love.  And God is so good.

Comments

  1. Sounds like things are going well for you.. even in the midst of crazy, we have a strong reliable God who cares enough for us to give us his son and the gift of peace that comes with him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Popular Posts