Whirling thoughts and the 'Calculator' that you stand on

Yep, you read that right.

We have a calculator that you stand on.  Or we used to, before it took a couple of dips in the bathtub last night courtesy of Smiley Girl.  Miss E described it for me in vivid detail this morning... "are you still mad that Smiley Girl put the calculator that you stand on to see how tall you are in the bathtub"?

No one can make this stuff up.

She's talking about our scale.  The water logged one that is currently occupying the garbage can.  I suppose it's okay with it's demise, I'm really the only one who uses it unless we are weighing a suitcase or a package to mail.  I don't see us flying any where any time soon and I suppose we could go ALL of the way to the post office in a package mailing pinch but what fun would that be?

I really am a little disappointed that it's gone.  It has been working in my favor lately and I want to share more about how I have had success losing weight but today isn't the day.  Ah, sweet suspense...

Anyway, my thoughts are whirling as usual.  Life, home, food and our future make up the most of the whirly-ness.  Seriously our future is packing a huge punch as I feel like we are standing at such a crossroad.  I don't know where God is leading our family and my continual prayer is "Lead us Lord!"  I really do try to make it sound like it's not a demand but some days it is easier to add a touch of urgency than others.  I'm not ready to share a lot of what is or isn't on the horizon because the decision ultimately comes down to TDM listening to God and unfortunately, I can't listen for him.  I can only listen to what God has for me to listen to and act accordingly.

Right now He is telling me to support my husband and act with prudence.  Which reminds me of the night that I looked up prudence in the middle of the night.  I like that word (and I really hope that you click the link because it took me f-o-r-e-v-e-r to look it up!) 

Earlier this week TDM and I had to discuss prudence where it came to a vacuum cleaner.  Ours took a slow, smoke filled dive into death on Monday and since it had been sick (I'm really trying hard to hold a straight face as I write this) for a while, I had not been vacuuming as often as a house with small children should be vacuumed it, felt pretty urgent.  Determining a new purchase to be prudent Smiley Girl and I took a trip to the Walmart, played with lots of floor (actually shelf) models and came up with one that we both could agree on.  BTW - when Smiley Girl is happy it isn't hard to get her to agree to most things. 

So, our floors are clean, but I can no longer know how 'tall' I am.

How is that for interesting blog content this beautiful Wednesday?!

Comments

Popular Posts