I (might) sew straight lines

My girls have had the puking and pooping flu since Saturday.  And I'm sorry if that's TMI, but seriously, that's far less 'I' than TDM and I have been living the last few days.  Today is Monday and I have only had to deal with two bouts of vomiting and about six poopy diapers.  That folks, is a HUGE improvement!

After two and a half days of being a homebound mess cleaning machine I am thankful for the little things.  You know, running water, a working washing machine and the forethought to toss a candy bar into my cart at the grocery store when I went to get rations early this morning.



And, regardless of what a few baby-believing folks on Facebook thought the rations are NOT for me.

So, anyway, after a few days at home and a slow down in dirty laundry production I realized (not for the first time) that our living room is incredibly bare. 

I took our curtains down to wash them back when we did the whole clean-the-house-top-to-bottom-because-of-the-Big-Red-Dog thing in July and realized that they were in horrible condition so I figured that I would replace them rather than rehang them.

Then at Christmas time I took a bunch of things down to decorate for Christmas and then when I undecorated from Christmas I never bothered to redecorate because I as in the mood for a big change.

Ahem.  The big change ended up being nothing more than a furniture relocation.

So here we are, months later with bare walls, bare windows and a slightly different furniture arrangement that Miss E still doesn't like it and she tells me so almost daily.  Which, by the way, who knew that a almost four year old would have such an opinion on the display of a couch and two chairs?  And, while I have noticed that the whole room could use some attention I just haven't felt like dealing with it.

Until today, when my first step became deciding what to do about curtains.  Several months ago I bought a curtain panel at Goodwill for like ten bucks because I fell in love with the deep chocolate-y brown loveliness of it and had absolutely no where to use it.  :)

I have a mild Goodwill fed obsession with curtain panel fabric and an even milder ability to sew kind-of straight lines. . .

And earlier today, while both girls were mostly content to play quietly I began to play around with my 'fabric' and landed on a way that I could make the one panel become four panels for the two windows in our living room. 

And, that's it.  End of story.  I just landed on the plan and made one cut.  Nothing more.  Because by the time I did all of that thinking Miss E decided to be sick again and I never got back to my project.  At this rate, I might get a picture or two up by August.  :)

Comments

Popular Posts