Toothpicks and Tiara's

The amazing feeling that I experienced after sleeping eight consecutive hours Saturday night has worn off.  Sleep and groceries...no matter how much you get you always run low within a few short days...

My eyes are so tired that I think toothpicks in my eyelids might be an option but I know that it isn't.  My best chance for rest is a calm evening, early bedtime and peaceful night.  And I might get one of those, but I can almost guarantee that I won't get all three.  And I am choosing to stare at a computer screen right now, which probably isn't the best cure for tired eyes. 

Miss E is fighting a virus, which is better than 'growing tomatoes in her throat' (a/k/a strep throat) that she was tested for this afternoon.  Smiley Girl is popping a tooth.  TDM is on the road.  And I spent most of the night last night being strangled  suffocated by Miss E's death grip on me.  My plans for the last two days have gotten cancelled due to Miss E's sickness...and both times they were good plans so I'm really bummed that we had to cancel.  You know, sometimes a play date is just a play date - purely for the benefit of your kids having fun.  And other times a play date is a date with mommy friends who make my life fun - and it really stinks to have to cancel one of those!

Smiley Girl was being really cute earlier and said "Cheese!" when she saw me grab the camera - which really made me laugh.  Her jeans are getting a little short on her - which makes me smile because she has barely been hanging onto the growth charts.  She also just took a little fall off of the 'Runway', which most of you commoners call a coffee table.  Crazy girl.

Miss E has been learning to write a couple of letters.  She has really only mastered the letter 'E' - which makes sense, because that is what her name starts with but she can also write 'l' and 'i' though the dot on the top of the 'i' is a little confusing.  She can also recognize capital E's and R's...which she does frequently.  "That's my letter mom!"  Since she is age 3 and her name begins with letter E we sometimes have confusion over letters and numbers.  When seeing an 'E' she might say "It's my number!" and vice versa.  Over all, I think she is brilliant.  And beautiful. And funny, sarcastic and adorable.

I have started referring to the house as 'The Royal Kingdom' because it is pretty much filled to the brim with Princess stuff.  My mom made gowns for both girls - satin and sparkle galore!  When I sweep the kitchen floor I find pink sparkles in the dustpan.  We do have building blocks and a few cars, but mostly pink sparkly things rule here.

On a funny note, I tried to change my Facebook employment information to 'The Royal Kingdom' and it told me that the employer was invalid.  Shows what they know! 

Comments

Popular Posts