The Highlights

Man - this little haven of blogging has been seeing a lot of neglect!  Life has just been too busy and my thoughts have been too jumbled to think about it most of the time.  Add to that the fact that Miss E isn't liking naps very well and that Smiley Girl is on the move constantly and finding time gets very hard.  It's Sunday afternoon and everything that I can think of that needs to be done is either a bigger project than I have time for right now or it can wait.  One child is sleeping, the other is cruising around rearranging things (that would be Smiley Girl) and TDM is flying a pretend airplane.  It's kind of like the perfect day around here. 

Aside from the fact that chocolate still contains calories and money doesn't grow on trees.

Ahem.

We were supposed to have family pictures taken today but the weather changed that.  It's rainy and dreary and not really family picture weather outside.  I can't wait to have pictures done though.  Two years ago in the fall we were able to have pictures done with my side of the family.  That was a lot of fun and our photographer was able to capture some amazing shots.  One of the great shots was of Miss E flying through the air and I would love to capture Smiley Girl in a similar shot. 

Our church is having a pie social tonight.  I made a french silk pie - the first ever that I have made and based on the rubber scraper lick test it's pretty good.  TDM had requested a cherry pie - which my mom offered to make.  I love her!  And I really love her cherry pie!  Miss E just likes pie crusts so she should be in heaven.

Our house is a mess.  I had it totally picked up Friday morning but then yesterday and today happened and ... well, it's a mess again.  Smiley Girl likes to carry stuff from one place to another all of the time.  And Miss E's new fascination is rearranging stuff.  One day last week I couldn't find diapers anywhere and asked Miss E if she knew where they were.  After thinking a minute she replied 'Oh, I 'most 'got to get them!' and marched off to the closet where the towels are kept.  Why didn't I think of that!?

Yesterday I spent some time with a new friend.  We shopped at a Mom 2 Mom sale, laughed a fair amount and ended up getting our husbands together for dinner.  It was a fun day.  A nice break from the daily realities of life and since we share many of the same values I think it's a day that could be duplicated.  Yay for new friends!


Comments

Popular Posts