These are a few of my Favorite Things... July Edition

 
 


101 Things To Do With A Cake Mix
  
I am pretty sure that I have had this cook book longer than I have had TDM around.  {That's some serious time.}  I haven't used every recipe but the ones that I have used have been great.  The recipes are simple, sometimes adaptable and super simple.

You can pick up a copy from Amazon by clicking here

Can't wait to get your own copy?  You simply have.to.have. some yummy cake mix goodness?  This is one of TDM's favorites from the book:

Cherry Crumble Bars:  (adapted from Pumpkin Delight, page 124 of 'the book'.  Dairy and pumpkin free version...)

  • Crust:  Combine 1 yellow cake mix* (reserve one cup for topping), 1/3 cup melted coconut oil and 1 egg.  Press into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
  • Filling:  One can of cherry pie filling, pour over crust
  • Topping:  Combine reserved 1 cup of cake mix and 2 tbsp sugar, cut in 1/4 cup coconut oil or shortening until crumbly.  Sprinkle over filling.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until crust looks done.
 *Duncan Hines yellow cake mix is dairy free.


Maclaren Triumph Stroller

Strollers are serious business.  When I was pregnant with Miss E we took a trip to our 'local' {as if anything is 'local' for us northerners!} Babys R Us where TDM and I took on baby equipment as though our very lives depended on our knowledge of strollers.  It didn't take us very long to have almost every stroller off the shelf, collapsed, set up and collapsed again.  We had goals:  We wanted a RED stroller that was easy to operate, comfortable to push and easy to transport.  The Maclaren won hands down.  Bonus points for the fact that the handles are a little taller than a lot of umbrella style strollers - which makes it much more comfortable for taller parents to to push.
{Miss E's Red 'Car'}

When Smiley Girl came along, Miss E was 2 1/2 and TDM was on the road a lot.  Once we came out of our winter hibernation it was evident that I either needed one more set of hands or to add a double stroller to our lineup.  Because I loved our single Maclaren I was confident that I would at least like their double version.  I briefly considered purchasing a second single stroller and connecting the two using clips that are available to turn two singles into a double.  It finally came down to need and availability one weekday when I was stressing about not losing children.  Our local baby store {which really is local!} had one of these in stock and it came home with us that day.
These days we use the single stroller more than the double but I haven't parted with the double yet because sometimes Miss E just likes to have the option of riding.


Nivea Irresistibly Smooth Lotion

Somewhere along the last few years I have managed to acquire dried up old lady heels.  Seriously, my heels could out perform sandpaper in a competition.  Which is really not cool.  Unless I were actually in a competition, then it might be cool. :)  Anyway, I tried Nivea lotion because I had a several dollar off coupon and I have been sold ever since!  Nivea lotion and one of those cheese shredder skin removal tools have my heels looking and feeling great.  Sadly, they are no longer competition ready but my husband is pretty impressed by the fact that he in no longer getting kicked by sandpaper at night.
 
~~~~
 
That's it for this month.  With any luck I will remember to come back again next month to share a few more of my favorite things.  Or I might forget.  You just never know with me.  Anyway, the details:  I receive no compensation any of these items.  They are just things that I have found to make my life easier and that I want to share with you.  However, if you would like to compensate me...feel free!  :)  And seriously, if you make a product or have a product or sell a product or have just heard of a product that you think I might love to use and then feature in These are a few of my Favorite Things... contact me!  I can be a smarty pants about your stuff just as easy as I can about stuff from the Walmart!
 
Enjoy your day!

Comments

Popular Posts