Random

Blogging is an interesting venture.  I have been updating my new blog 38 and 365 daily.  That blog is dedicated to keeping myself accountable to exercising and doing positive things for my body.  But every single morning I look at this blog and wonder when I will take time to write.

I have several controversial things that have popped into my head to write about - namely legalism and endometriosis.  Not that endometriosis is controversial, just that most people probably don't care for a play by play of the pain that I deal with.  And legalism.  Ugh.  It's just so exhausting.  People making up their own set of rules that supersedes (in their minds) what God says.  God created. Jesus saves.  Because of that we are forgiven.  And who are we to judge?  What is honestly so hard about that?!

Ahem.

I learned what my friend Michelle will do for a Klondike bar last night.  To recap:  She walked in the house, was abandoned with my kids for a few minutes while I finished a frustrating phone call,, ate pretzels and raspberries, entertained Smiley Girl while I helped Miss E clean up a mess, picked up my living room, listened to me dump the contents of my head and my day, entertained me with stories of silly Frisbee men and left with a dessert for her work potluck today.  That's what she did for a Klondike bar!  She is one of God's blessings to me.

And silly Frisbee men - that's a crazy story!  Where we live there is a housing area where every house is built the same way.  The layout of each out varies nothing from one to the other.  So one day recently she is talking to Mr Frisbee man and says "If you look out your living room window..."  to which he replies "When were you in my living room?"  She's not sure that he ever did 'get' it.  Just think of the fun you could have with this guy!

My parents are pretty sure that they have a closing date for their house - that's a humongous answer to prayer for them!  God is so good!  The next few weeks will be a little bit crazy as they handle everything that needs to happen for them to move but it's finally going to happen!

TDM is staying busy between working late nights the days that he is working and then driving Camp Barakel's luggage semi on Mondays and Tuesdays.  Please don't tell him...but I am kind of enjoying the nights that he is gone overnight.  It's like some weird nostalgia of trucking days.  We eat whatever we feel like that night, I don't wash the dishes and the house is pretty much a wreck.  It's kind of like a mini retreat for me, except that I still have two kids in tow.  And I don't get to leave the house.  And it's kind of pointless since I spend all day the second day catching up with everything that should have been done the first day.  Glutton for punishment, ya think?

Our niece's 13th birthday is today.  That's amazing to me!  I first met her when she was about 14 months old, and somehow she was kind enough to let me marry her uncle.  She was one of the flower girls in our wedding after much coercion and come to find out, most of her hold up was because SHE wanted to marry Uncle.   It has been fun to watch her grow into the young lady that she is, even though time is moving waaaaaaay to quickly!  Happy Birthday Miss Bookworm!

And with Miss Bookworm's birthday always comes the gentle reminder that my nephew Connor has been hanging with Jesus for the last 13 years.   How much I would have loved to watch him grow and develop into a young man, but God had a much different plan for his short life. 

My girls are getting crazy, I hear a tea party going on in the bathroom and the day isn't getting any younger.

Until the random meets the blogger next time...
 


Comments

Popular Posts