Cooler Baths

My girls had a blast playing outside earlier today.  The weather was beautiful!  A summer day of perfection!  Donning bathing suits, they ran through the sprinkler with a friend while she was here earlier in the day and then hit it up again after she left. 

They ran around it.  They sat on it.  They moved it.  They pretended that it was a rain storm that would pass if they just huddled together under a towel for a bit.  It was pretty sweet to watch them play, explore and imagine.

When the sprinkler fun wore off they helped me 'sweep' the garage floor for a while.  Then they lined up all of our two, three and four wheeled vehicles in an organized fashion.  {We have a lot of two, three and four wheeled vehicles by the way.}  Next came both girls driving up and down the driveway in the four wheeled Princess Jeep.  Every now and then Miss E would stop by the garage door and ask 'What do you need next?' 

After assigning several jobs for each of the girls I asked them to water the plants in the front flower bed.  They were overjoyed!

I proceeded to lose them for about an hour!  They watered the flowers.  And the driveway.  They washed the tires on my car.  And the Princess Jeep.  :)  Next up was filling the cooler one pitcher full at a time.

Once that 'job' was complete Miss E decided that she should head inside for dry clothes.  Smiley Girl wasn't quite done so I hung out finishing my garage project and it wasn't too long before I turned around and found my two year old buck naked sitting inside a cooler filled with water.

Toddler Redneck Bathing.

All in a day, right?

It was such a nice evening.  Miss E asked why today was a home day and I told her that it is because we just need a home day every now and then.  The first half of summer is so busy for us, it is wonderful to pull out a day or two here and there to just be home.

What a refreshing day ~ cooler bath and all!




Comments

Popular Posts