These are a few of my Favorite Things... June Edition




Windows Phone
After years of being perfectly content with a dumb phone I decided to give myself a gift when we made some phone changes back in January.  Enter a Windows Phone.  I.am.not.tech.savvy...  But I knew that my computer ran on Windows 8.  And I knew that my husband was using a Windows phone.  And guess what?  They operate the same way!  I am completely in love with this phone. 
My screen is filled with pink icons rather than blue, because according to Miss E "we are not boyz".

I LOVE everything that I can do with this thing and honestly, I now wonder why I took so long to convert.  Three of my favorite forms of communication (phone, text and Facebook) all combined into one device along with an incredible camera, my Bible (which also talks to me!), my current Kindle book, mix radio that is available both on and off line and a period tracker all in one.  Along with a whole crap ton of other stuff but these are my biggies.  

With the special offers that AT&T offered at the time of purchase, along with a $75 offer through our credit card my out of pocket cost ended up being $25.  Not bad at all when you consider everything I use this thing for on a daily basis!


Vicks Comfort Flex Thermometer with Fever Insight



Seriously, best purchase ever!  Aside from the obvious reasons for a thermometer we have discovered an awesome life hack.  

Miss E is a bit of a procrastinator in the mornings.  And that, along with being a tad anxious over new things, even if they are only new this week, it makes for getting out the door quickly a little bit challenging.  After hearing how sick she was several times without having any real symptoms I got smart.  :)  This thermometer shows a digital reading, but then it turns either green, yellow or red depending on the temperature that it reads.  

Dragging her feet mornings have turned into "If you can turn the thermometer yellow or red you can stay home."  And it's interesting, the girl can argue with her mama but she can't argue with what color the thermometer turns!

You can buy all the satisfaction of being right at Walmart.  Store cost $9.68.  Real Value?  Priceless


Tyson Boneless Chicken Breast Tenderloins
I don't do bones.  If I want bones I go to KFC. And I don't do chicken necks.  I know where food comes from...and I prefer to buy my chicken in a bag without any evidence of it's heritage.  :)  Easiest dinners anywhere begin with this bag.  Chicken and rice, terriyaki chicken, chicken pot pie, the list goes on.  Almost everything that I make with chicken begins with a bag of these.  I usually purchase a bag from GFS but store brand from any grocery store works well too. 

~ ~ ~ ~

That's it for this month.  With any luck I will remember to come back next month to share a few more of my favorite things.  Or I might forget.  You just never know with me!  Anyway, the details:  I receive no compensation any of these items.  They are just things that I have found to make my life easier and that I want to share with you.  However, if you would like to compensate me...feel free!  :)  And seriously, if you make a product or have a product or sell a product or have just heard of a product and you think that I would like to include it in a future version of These are a few of my Favorite Things... contact me!  I can be a smarty pants about your stuff just as easy as I can about stuff from the Walmart!

Enjoy your day!

Comments

Popular Posts