Our week in the West is drawing to a close.  There is something about a vacation that always makes a week seem long in the beginning and way to short come the time to head home.  In so many ways we are just beginning to relax and find a different routine and now it's time to head back to what hopefully will be a comfortable routine at home. 

We have loved spending time with Uncle Pedro and Aunt GG.  I keep hearing Miss E tell Aunt GG 'You can keep me.'  The only hitch in this is that Miss E loved flying - and looks forward to getting on an airplane again tomorrow. 

To recap the week ~

We arrived at Uncle Pedro's house on Saturday, spent a leisurely Sunday at the swimming pool and getting things ready to head to the mountains in the 'Little House'.

Monday morning we set out for the north and found a campsite not far from Jackson, Wyoming where we spent two nights enjoying the beauty of God's creation.  Tuesday we travelled just a few miles into the Grand Teton National Park and then explored downtown Jackson Hole - something that I have almost always wanted to do.

Wednesday morning we leisurely packed up in preparation to return to Uncle Pedro's house.  TDM and Miss E took a stroll along the river bank, throwing rocks, meeting a dog and just enjoying unhurried time together.  Both Miss E and Smiley Girl were covered in dirt head to toe from exploring the campground - showers sounded wonderful!  At one point Smiley Girl and I tried to catch up with the rest of the family along the river but they were too far ahead of us.  Stopping for a moment to take in the beauty I broke out into song:

O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!
 
Only the Creator, the one true God could create such beauty!

Yesterday was Thursday and Miss E was running a fever so the girls took the day a little easy while the guys spent the day drowning worms just over the border in Utah.  Come 5:15 though, Aunt GG and I were sitting in the relaxation area of a day spa with comfy robes, a heat wrap and soft music patiently awaiting our massages.  You see, when Aunt GG came into the family it was decided that if the guys wanted to fish they could fish all they wanted - but the trade off is that the girls get to go to the spa.  I like the rule.  A lot.

Today is Friday and we are leaving Uncle Pedro's house for the airport and tomorrow we fly home.  It has been a wonderful week of being with family.  The girls have enjoyed getting to know their western family and I have heard a rumor that Miss E is staying. 

~~~~~~~

We'll see about that.  Something tells me that her friend Little Man will be pretty unhappy about that.  Not to mention her mama!

Comments

Popular Posts