Apparently I'm falling behind

This post is almost a 100% for the benefit of my brother since he gave me an oh so very subtle email this morning that simply said "You're falling behind in your blog."

Isn't that sweet?

I think he misses me! 

Actually I know that he misses me...or at least my kids...because he invited us to come visit AND paid for our plane tickets.  I'm looking forward to him meeting Smiley Girl and playing with Miss E.   

Speaking of Miss E she tells me that she is going fishing with him.  When we get there.  Or tomorrow.  Whichever she feels like I guess.  Though I'm pretty sure that she said that Uncle Pedro was at our grocery store last night.  He shows up in places like that every now and then.  Sometimes I send him a message to let him know where he is just to mess with him.  :)  Other times I let him be surprised.  HA!

I have been busy searching 'the google' for tips about flying with two kids.  It should be interesting.  TDM and I will need to sit down and figure out a plan of attack before we go.  I need to find out what size plane we are going to be on too...the last time we flew with a child there was a huge mix up at the gate because the plane was super tiny and we our carry on had to be checked.  The problem was that anything we might need in case of a potty or puke emergency was in the carry on and I had to do some quick-fast repacking at the gate.  Not fun.

Anyway, before we get to go see Uncle Pedro we have lots to do.  It always gets a little hairy around here this time of year.  The deadline for the big project that I do at work is closing in, MOPS is starting up and this year we are adding the fun of getting new flooring at our house and a couple of dentist appointments.  It's going to be busy in the next few weeks but so worth it.

Smiley Girl popped her second tooth one day last week.  That was a great relief to me because she had been so cranky - I was happy to know that there was a reasonable explanation behind the crankiness.  She has also started walking.  And climbing.  And trashing a room in 1.7 seconds. 

Miss E doesn't hit huge milestones as often as Smiley Girl does these days.  I should be thankful for that because having two climbers just doesn't sound fun.  She doesn't like having to take a nap most days but they are a huge necessity still.  Today I bribed her to take a nap by telling her that if she did we would go to the store and buy balloons for our friend Jeff's birthday party.  She likes Jeff (he's 26) and she likes balloons so she took a nap.  Smart girl.  Jeff really likes chocolate and requested a lot of it for his birthday.  Smart boy.

Tomorrow we go to play with our friends at the park.  It's the highlight of the week aside from birthday parties and daddy coming home.  The park date is something else - it originated as a way for the moms and kids to get together during the summer.  It has grown into a several hour snack fest with Miss E running around with a bag of chips or cookies like a mobile snack dispenser.  As long as Miss E has food in her hands all of the other kids are nearby.  It's pretty funny.  And the mommy's don't seem to care much as long as they get some grown up conversation.

Well, another episode of Caillou is done so I must go.  The native snack dispenser is hitting up the fridge and I must put a stop to it.




Comments

Popular Posts