I smell a baby.

Miss E cracks me up.

Earlier today I asked if she would like to help me make cookies.  She was thrilled with the idea and eagerly marched to the kitchen, pulling out her stool and cupcake apron.  She was ready to roll mix! 

Except that the dishes in the sink were much more fascinating that watching butter and sugar cream together.  Which brings me to the question of why no one has ever created a candy bar made of butter and brown sugar.  It's just so yummy.

ahem

So, the dishes apparently were 'people' because she kept asking them if they were 'ready'.  And then out of the blue she started yelling 'I smell a baby.  I smell a baaaaaaby!!!'

I'm working hard on following the recipe and wondering if the 'I smell a baby' thing is the new version of Jack and the Beanstalk or where that was coming from and then completely out of the blue she looks over at the mixing bowl and says "Oh. My. Word!  Why are you making cookies?!"

And then she went back to asking the dishes if they were 'ready'.

I am so blessed by this beautiful and funny girl.  Even though she does smell babies and talk to dishes like they are people. 

:)


Comments

Popular Posts