Struggle

There are a couple of people close to us who are struggling with some really tough stuff these days and putting groceries away this afternoon I found myself thinking about the two situations and feeling really bogged down.  Without really realizing that I was praying I found myself asking God to be present in the midst of these trials.  Instantly the words to this hymn were on my mind and heart:

What a friend we have in Jesus,
all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear,
all because we do not carry

everything to God in prayer.


Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged;
take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful
who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;
take it to the Lord in prayer.


Are we weak and heavy laden,
cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge;
take it to the Lord in prayer.
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In his arms he'll take and shield thee;
thou wilt find a solace there.



I don't have to worry, I can't fix anything and I don't have to give up a sense of peace in my family because others aren't peaceful. 

What a privelege it is to carry EVERYTHING to God in prayer!
<><> <><> <><>



Comments

Popular Posts