The Highlights

  • The Big Red Dog is still fighting an ear infection.  The poor thing made trip #3 to the vet on Monday.  Hopefully this new antibiotic will work.  It is stronger than the first round and a lot more expensive.  We're going to be broke if this drags on much longer.
  • TDM is shopping for a new truck.  He showed me a picture today of a green one...I encouraged him to keep looking because 'the Big Green Truck' just doesn't have the same ring as 'the Big Red Truck.'  It's all abouts what sounds good to me, right?  HA!
  • We spent a couple of hours at the park this morning with friends from our MOPS group.  The kids had a blast and the moms suffered through a couple hours of grown up conversation. Okay, so there wasn't a lot of suffering going on...
  • Miss E and Smiley Girl are playing on the floor right now.  Smiley Girl makes a noise much like a growl that makes her sound like she's not very happy - but she's very happy!  The louder the growl gets, the more fun she is having.  Miss E is a great big sister, playing along with the growling, taking away things that are dangerous and watching out for Smiley Girl all of the time.
  • I am continuing to read Proverbs each day.  The one a day plan works well for me to keep me on track with daily reading and it helps me to remember the date.  These days in my life are busy with both kids and while I would like to be able to say that I am reading more than one chapter a day I just can't.  I am learning a lot through studying Proverbs - there is so much wisdom packed into it and the more I read the more I seem to understand what Solomon was really trying to convey.  There are some seriously rich word pictures in there!
  • It's summer!  And we're busy.  TDM has been helping his brother get the hay equipment ready.  The days are continuing to grow longer.  We're spending lots of time outside and trying to make lots of memories. 

Comments

Popular Posts