Well...

This is my cool story and my thank you to the amazing people who pour into my kids on a regular basis and my Dear Kids Church people, you matter so much! pep talk all rolled into one. 

Sunday night Smiley Girl and I were laying on the top bunk reading our book together.  We have had this book for a long time but have only recently gotten into reading it regularly and let me tell you, Smiley Girl loves it. 

Anyway, going in order we were on the story of Rebekah from Genesis 24:1-67.  The book refers to her as the helpful princess and tells the story of Abraham wanting to find a wife for his son Isaac by sending a servant to his hometown in search of one. 

So there goes to the servant off to Nahor and once he arrived he asked the Lord for guidance. 

12 Then he prayed, “Lord, God of my master Abraham, make me successful today, and show kindness to my master Abraham. 13 See, I am standing beside this spring, and the daughters of the townspeople are coming out to draw water. 14 May it be that when I say to a young woman, ‘Please let down your jar that I may have a drink,’ and she says, ‘Drink, and I’ll water your camels too’—let her be the one you have chosen for your servant Isaac. By this I will know that you have shown kindness to my master.”

And before he had really even said "Amen" Rebekah was at the well.  And she gave the servant a drink AND she offered to get water for the camels too. 

Bam! 

Anyway, at that point in the story Smiley Girl basically checked out of Isaac's love story and checked back in to what she learned at church that morning.

"I heard this story this morning mama!"

"Except that it isn't quite the same, but it was about a lady at the well."  She proceeded to tell me the names of the kids who were the actors. 

Our church is set up so that the kids and the adults learn about the same thing each week, though the kids learn it in age appropriate ways with fun plays and props.  This has been amazing and has ended the age old "What did you learn today?" answer of "About God".  😃

So I told Smiley Girl that the story of that lady was in our book as well.  And then we read together the story of the forgiven princess.  And we talked about the woman at the well (John 4:1-30) and we talked about forgiveness and we talked about the Living Water, which is Jesus. 

And the whole time my heart was so full, because I am thankful for these precious moments with my kids.  And I'm thankful for a Church that teaches my kids so well.  If you are one of those people who teaches my kids, thank you.  From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!  You are loved, you are appreciated, you matter and God is using you to do amazing things in small lives. 

"He who believes in me will never be thirsty."
John 6:35


Comments

Popular Posts