The cool of the morning.

Smiley Girl was her usual cheerful self this morning.

She wanted to take a walk right after TDM left for work and since Miss E had fallen back to sleep on the couch it seemed like a perfect opportunity for some together time.

Our walk turned into a bike ride because that sounded fun and once we reached the turn around point Smiley Girl decided that it was time to enjoy the snack that she had conveniently brought with her.
I love mornings like this.  I love having one on one time with each of my kids.  I love that we could talk about how our road is going to get really busy later today.  And that we could chat about summer holidays and how much we love our neighborhood and how busy it will be this weekend.  I love that we could do a refresher course on road safety - keep your bike on the right hand side of the road, don't go past your line, "Pause" at the intersection to make sure cars aren't coming.  (We live in an amazing area where the kids can ride with VERY little traffic.)

I love our neighborhood.  I love that we are at the lake and almost on the lake and that soon the sounds of summer will fill the lake.

I love that Smiley Girl packed a snack for a ride that doesn't even equal half a mile.

I love that we chatted about life and how houses are built and the way that the morning is cooler than the rest of the day.  Which reminded me of Bible a verse that mentions being with God in the cool of the morning.  I mentioned that part to Smiley Girl - "Did you know that the Bible talks about this?"

She didn't - but we agreed that it was an excellent idea.

But then I realized that I didn't know where it was in the Bible or even how it was talked about, so I came home to study up.  Which is how I discovered that it was Adam and Eve who walked in the cool of the day.  Except that Adam and Eve did so in shame - they knew that they had a reason to hide because sin had entered the world.  How amazing is it that we can walk in the cool of the day with God...because many years later He sent his son Jesus to take our sin away.

I feel like I should go on and on about this subject, but I'm learning to pause.  I'm learning to let small bits ruminate in my head and heart and that's what I'm choosing to do today.  How thankful I am for this precious time with my girl and the way that it led to delving into my Bible too.

Have a great day friends!

Comments

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Popular Posts