Fe-rch Odds & Ends


Just a quick round up of some of the things I have read, seen or heard recently.  I planned to do this on a monthly basis, but February got away from me and really, March probably will too.  How is that for hopeful?!  Anyway...I present the Fe-rch (see what I did there?) version of Odds and Ends.  It's kind of like the inner dialogue of my brain.  Except if you could really hear that...that would be creeeeepy.

So apparently I am late to this party and have just recently discovered the I Aint Doin It lady.  I'm really not a video kind of girl most of the time but after hearing people talk about this chick I figured I should check her out.  I discovered that 1) she's funny 2) she's a blogger and 3) she blogs with sarcasm.  I like it.  Below are a few of her thoughts about Bluetooth:
I also  really love this blog post of hers about Santa Claus, Baby Jesus and Ricky Bobby.

Did you know the US sales of board games have grown tremendously in the last few years?  I happen to love board games and in a culture that is so dominated by technology I find these statistics encouraging.  Here's a great article about today's board games.  I happen to love board games and the girls and I have played a lot of them this winter.  

And finally, I found Prager U a few weeks ago through a link a friend shared about the war on boys.  That was a great video.  As I have been poking around their Facebook page though I have found a bunch of great videos.  I might become a video girl?  This one about health insurance peeked my interest this week.  We have recently changed from an employer sponsored health plan to a high deductible HSA plan through the Marketplace and there is a bit of a mental learning curve.  Basically, we pay for literally the first $6500 of EVERYTHING for the year.  And then the insurance pays 100% of everything else.  To put it into car insurance terms, we pay for the maintenance costs – the oil changes, the tire rotations, new tires, etc – and then the insurance covers the accidents and catastrophic things – like say the engine blowing up.  It’s all in how you view things, right? 

*I do want to note that by linking to any site I am not endorsing the site or its content.  Just sharing articles that have gotten my brain working lately.

Comments

Popular Posts