Just crossing things off my to do list

Finally, I am at the computer.  My inbox is empty, there is nothing pressing that I need to look up, track down, balance or check on.  It's time for me time.  Except that every thought that caused me to write the word "Blog" on my to-do list has left my brain.  But I will try, because, by golly!  I have it on my to-do list!

This week has been incredibly busy and now that I am on the other side of 'busy' it doesn't feel quite so overwhelming.  In the thick of it though - wow!  I am thankful for great friends, reliable appliances and that we had a little cushion in our savings account for times such as this. 

Standouts from this week:
~
A funny text from a friend that said

"Hey, Shmoopsie, how are you today? (No this wasn't intended for my husband, just thought you could use a laugh.)"

I was in the middle of the Big Red Store with both kids and hurrying to get to the dentist when this came through.  It definitely hit it's mark with making me laugh and making me thankful for not just funny, but also thoughtful, friends.  
~
Another friend came over, vacuumed my entire house (including furniture) and put sheets back on all three beds, just because she loves me.  And maybe because I sounded pathetic, begged a little and offered to feed her dinner. 
~
I was able to have lunch with yet another friend, who listened to my complaints, helped me with something I couldn't do myself and pointed me back toward Jesus.

I am blessed by these women and am thankful that God has allowed them to be part of my life.

I was also able to help my mom paint her living room and managed to pick Miss E up from school on time, if not early(!), all four days that she was there this week. 

TDM's mom met with her Oncologists this week and will be beginning chemo on Tuesday.  She isn't feeling well, and while I fear for what the chemo will bring I do pray that she will find relief from her other symptoms.  It has been an emotional and scary time for all of us, but especially her.

Our Thanksgiving plans are up in the air since we don't know what she will feel up to and I am trying not to stress about that.  I know that sounds incredibly selfish of me but it is the way that I am geared and I am working on not stressing.  I think it is just going to be a very low key year for holidays all around.  I will plan for the knowns and try to roll with the unknowns the best that I can.  These are precious days and I don't want them to be miserable because I am uptight about the future that no one can see.

One of my 'knowns' is that I will be recreating last years Pecan-less Pecan Pie also known as a Pretzel Pie.  All of the goo of a regular pecan pie, none of the nut allergies.  It's going to be fabulous.  I'm looking forward to sending one north for Uncle Pedro to enjoy as well.

Comments

Popular Posts