He's having a wife!

We spent this weekend in another town, doing other town things and attending the wedding of a friend.  The wedding was precious, just like the bride and was held in a chapel at the camp that the bride and groom grew up (and in love) attending. 


At the very beginning of the ceremony the pastor said "We are having a wedding."  And then he went on to tell a story about a young boy that complained of his ribs hurting after learning that God created woman out of Adam's rib.  The boy was pretty sure that he was going to have a wife that night.  The pastor then said that yesterday's groom was 'having a wife' today.  It was sweet.

And a minute later Smiley Girl looked up at me, sparkles in her eyes and she said "We're having a wedding!"  Followed by "He's having a wife!" 

The things that she latches onto and that make her eyes sparkle!

At the reception we were strategically seated at a table in the far corner.  This turned out to be the hot spot for the six and under crowd.  Several kiddo's found their way to our corner to do Ketchup and Ranch shots and play with My Little Pony's.  Our girls had a lot of fun even though you can ask either one and they will tell you that the whole thing was 'not fun' and that they 'just wanted to sit in the car'. 


These children are clearly beyond miserable. 

Smiley Girl consumed large amounts of "Srawbey's."  And chocolate.  Always chocolate.

 
Both girls tried to catch the bouquet but weren't eager enough.

Miss E gave the Electric Slide a chance but quickly announced that she was 'a little embarrassed'.

I had too much to drink. 

 
And we stayed out until almost 10:30.  At night.

This morning we took advantage of the hotel pool.  The water appeared extra-super blue.  Like superman ice cream on steroids.  And by the time we left the pool we realized that somehow - either the nature of the blue pool liner - or the balance of chemicals working against the pool liner - parts of us had turned blue. 

The girls thought that perhaps people would mistake us for Violet Beauregard on Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.  I will spare you a picture of my blue-ish toes.
 
After rinsing some blue off we dressed, loaded the car and made for a store that is TDM's style.  We managed to leave there without a bunny, chicken or duck - which given the persuasion techniques that were employed is a victory. 
 
From there we headed for the wonders of Ponderosa {which are much more wonderful when you are six} and in true 'us' style we told the kids that we had to hurry to beat the 'church crowd'.  Miss E seemed a little confused until I told her that it was exactly like trying to beat the busses out of the school parking lot.  Either get a move on or sit waiting.  They moved.  We visited the buffet about eighteen times while Miss E carefully selected THREE things.  And then we headed home.
 
It was a good weekend.
 
And in case you haven't been entertained enough, check out the conversation I had with Miss E a few minutes ago:
 
"Mommy, how do you spell 'Ing'?

I'm in the other room and I am not sure that I heard her right, so I have her repeat it.  And I'm still not sure so I say "Use it in a sentence."  Even though as it is coming out of my mouth I am not sure that she even knows what that means.

So she does.  "I want to invite my friends over."

Huh?!

"Do you want to spell 'friend'?"

"No, I want to spell 'Ing'."

So I spell I-n-g for her and she is happy.

And, naturally I am confused about the whole exchange but life is good and she has moved on.

Comments

Popular Posts