Bum toes, bottle returns and name calling

Yesterday morning the request was for pancakes.  Remembering that there had been an all out melt down several weeks ago because I had used the wrong mixing bowl to make the pancakes, I decided to use the correct one this time. 

By wrong I mean not the one Daddy uses.  Until that day I had not been aware that there was only one bowl you could use for pancake making.

Anyway, wanting to avoid a second wrong bowl meltdown I went for the right one, and in the process the large metal mixing bowl fell out of the cupboard and landed directly on my toe.  Not the big one, the tall one next to the big one.  My pointer toe I guess?

 
Um, OW!  Interestingly enough, the bottom of the toe is where the bruising is.  Craziness.

I spent the remainder of the day limping, but basking in the knowledge that the pancakes had been made correctly.  Go mom!

In other funny news, I decided on Wednesday that I should write a book about my experience at Wal-mart.  Except that a friend burst my bubble by pointing out that everyone that has ever shopped at Wal-mart could write a book.  Instead of becoming rich and famous I will just tell you the highlights:

I was complemented in the bottle return for the bags that I use.  They apparently are eye catching and much superior to a standard sticky garbage bag.  Check them out:

Yep, Ikea, 59 cents.  I have two of them.  They net about $12 worth of cans each time I return. 

And yes, I know this is a Michigan thing...

Highlight #2 was that as I was putting the groceries in the car I heard a large dog barking loudly behind me.  Like loud enough that I turned to make sure that he (it?) was still inside a vehicle and not coming after me.  As I turn I hear a human bark in response to the dog bark and realize that the cart collector guy was growling back at the dog.  Funny stuff right there.

I don't remember really how it started the other night, but one of the ladies in our Bible study group said "I am trying to think of your name."  So I tell her my name, only I don't use my name, I use another name.  Then I say another name.  And then I call her a different name.  Just for fun, you know.

The following day I was at MOPS and one of the other moms said something about forgetting peoples names, so I told her that I make a habit of telling people that my name is a different name all of the time.  Because I'm crazy.  I'll say "I'm Tina.  Wait, I'm not Tina, I'm Constance." 

Fast forward to last night, we get together with some friends for Game Night and one of the friends is missing.  (Don't worry, we know where she is!  She just wasn't present at game night.)  I proceed to spend the entire evening calling my friend Michelle by the name of Kristen, the missing friend.  Craziness, huh?

After I got home I sent a message to Michelle that said "Good Night Kristen".  I then follow it up with a message that says "I will try to stop name calling...I am ashamed of myself Sue."  Without missing a beat, Michelle responds with "Well, don't worry about it too much Tabitha, it could happen to anyone."

And now, to come full circle, Miss E brought me a mixing bowl this morning and demonstrated for me the 'correct' way to have a bowl fall on my foot.  "Mom, next time you need to have it fall like this..."

Thanks kid!

Comments

Popular Posts