His Grace, His Power

Dreams and possibilities, the realities and responsibilities, all of the want to's and the have to's, the knowns and unknowns.  It all surrounds me, closing in until I cannot see.  All good things, but weeding out the things meant to be mine isn't always easy.


The days blur, exhaustion sets in, priorities still in front of me, frustrations abound; I head out the front door in search of a quiet walk, begrudgingly telling the child that follows that she can come along. 

One foot in front of the other, her chatter continues on, adding to an already full brain.  In uncertainty she asks what we are doing tomorrow; I rattle off a list, feeling my tension rise with each word, trying not to let it show.  Reaching the end of the road I exhale as my heart cries out "Lord...I can not do this."

And the peace falls as my head registers the words hidden long ago..."My grace is sufficient for you, my power made perfect in weakness."

And I can breathe again.  Another day is done, another waiting on the horizon, another chance for His glory to shine.

His grace, His power. ❤


Comments

Popular Posts