Still

Several months ago an artistic friend pinned a few pictures to Pinterest and decided to open her home to creativity.  Time to work on the picture that caught my eye was scheduled for this past Saturday morning.  So I went.

And I relaxed and laughed and enjoyed being creative.

And I came home with this:

It has been propped up in the kitchen since I got home on Saturday and my eyes keep roaming over the verse.  So it is no surprise that it was one of my first thoughts this morning - after a night spent wrestling with myself over all of the things that I usually waste my mind on whenever I think that I should worry.

Heading into the shower "Be still and know that I am God" took on some music and before I knew it I found myself dressed and using the Google to find "Still" by Hillsong.


{My 90's self with a song stuck in my head had nothing on the opportunities that stand ready and waiting at the touch of a few buttons.}

I love this song and have no doubt that it will be stuck in my head for at least a few days.  And I love all that Psalm 46 has to say. 
 
Psalm 46
 
God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
thought it's waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.
 
There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the Holy place where the Most High dwells.
God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day.
Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
he lifts his voice, the earth melts.
 
The Lord Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
 
Come and see the works of the Lord,
the desolations he has brought on the earth.
He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth;
he breaks the bow and shatters the spear,
he burns the shields with fire.
 
"Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted among the earth."
 
The Lord Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
 
My rest doesn't come from borrowing worries, throwing barbs with my husband or rainy Mondays.  Rest comes from the Lord, I need only be still and know my Savior. 

Comments

Popular Posts